Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Five

Genevieve's Friday Five

This week's Friday Five comes from my beautiful sister-in-law Whitney. Whitney and Leo (my brother) live in Provo and were married in 2006. Whitney has a blog as well, you should check it out. The Little Things in Life She is studying to become a teacher. Love ya, Whit! :)

1. If you had to eat only one type of food for a whole month, what would it be?- and I mean specific.
Hmm, when you say type I assume you mean like GENRE. I have a real hard time with this question because of how much I LOVE food. It is as much a part of my life as sleeping is. I will probably go with Italian food on this one because of how often I can eat it and not get sick of it. This goes for very vague Italian, including Spaghettios. LOL. I love Pasta, and tomatoes, and Pizza. I would eat Pizza every night for dinner if I could. One of my favorite salads is Caprese, with fresh mozzerella, tomoatoes, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. OMG. Hungry now... shoot.

2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory is of my cabin when I was growing up. It wasn't actually my family's cabin, it belonged to my great uncle. It was located in Island Park, Idaho right on the Henry's Fork of the Snake River. We had our own "private" dock and it was very close to the water. I loved going up there nearly every summer with my family and spending a week fishing, running around in the weeds, swinging on the huge wooden swing, going to "town" to the IGA store and getting lunch, and visiting Yellowstone. When my uncle died, his sons took the cabin, and unfortunately we can't go there anymore. I would really love to make it back someday and just stay at the little Mack's Inn resort.

3. What is a talent, that you don't have, that you wish you did?
I often wish I was more active. I am not really the classic "lazy" person, but it often takes a lot of mental motivation to get me going or doing anything productive when I don't have to. I am kind of a procrastinator and I may put off doing something I don't want to do and distract myself with something I'd rather not do. One thing I have found works is to think of something else I don't want to do and then do the lesser of two evils. I should be cleaning right now for our dinner party tonight, but obviously I am not because it's only going to be Friday for a few more hours, and you can't do a Friday Five on Saturday! :P

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Most people say Christmas because of the gifts, but I will probably say Halloween or Thanksgiving. I am not huge on gifts, mostly because I usualy worry about if the person will like what I am giving them. My husband is much better at gifts and Christmas. I love Halloween because it's the only night you can dress up and act totally stupid and get away with it. It's also awesome because you can walk into any grocery store during the entire month of October and buy a big bag of candy without being asked "Having a party?" Thanksgiving is my favorite because I love the food and the family. I don't love how I feel after I eat, however. :)

5. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Definitely rich. I think being famous would be annoying. I'm kind of an introvert, so a bunch of people knowing who I am and recognizing me when I'm trying to buy food or something at the grocery store would be totally awful. I would prefer to be rich to being famous, for sure!

Sorry these were so late, but I forgot it was Friday this morning! ;)

1 comments:

Whit said...

Yay for Friday 5, Leo has joined the blogging world, but he's taking his background very seriously (including deciphering html codes, or the matrix as i call it....) So he doesn't want to share his blog until its perfect. So i've decided I really like friday 5 because its such a great way for me to get to know you. Keep it up!

If you don't have any questions ready, here are some more for next week: (btw- Leo says he loved the tommy tricker post and we watched the video again)

Ok, here are some would you rather questions: Would you rather be raised by dolphins or wolves?

would you rather be stuck for 10 hours in an elevator with 10 wet dogs or 10 gassy old men?

Would you rather have a thumb growing out of the middle of your forehead or an extra arm out of your stomach? And why on all of them.