Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Song

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! I have had a really good weekend. On Friday night I had a fun dinner party with one of my friends Tyson from work and his wife Aimee. Check out their blog! We had grilled salmon, grilled shrimp skewers, steak fillets, asparagus, fresh squash from the garden, CHEESY RICE, and delicious rolls! It was really good. Salmon is one of my favorite foods, and I got that from my dad. After dinner we played two games: Wacky 6s and Chicken Foot dominoes. Have you ever played these games? They are so fun!

Wacky 6s is this intense card game where you combine the speed game with solitare... it's really fun, and you have to be a good multitasker to do well. Unfortunately, I lost every game beacuse of how tired I was. I spend all week at work multitasking, and so after work I usually shut that part of my brain down. ;) It's the kind of game that I would like to play by myself for a few hours to really get good... and then bring it to the table with other people!!

Chicken Foot dominoes is extremely addicting. Whenever my family gets together we play it together. It's kind of hard to describe, but it's really fun. After dominoes, we had dessert and played some Guitar Hero on Wii. All in all it was a total blast!

Saturday we spent the day getting some stuff for our basement. We are finishing it ourselves, and so we needed to get some floorboards and grout for the tile. I will for sure post a video when everything is finished. It's going to be nice to have a basement to go relax in. :)

Arthur introduced me to this intense new band called Owl City. Have you heard of them? It's kind of like the Postal Service if you've ever heard them. There are a few songs I love, like Fireflies and Hello Seattle. Check out their music on iTunes or MySpace! Owl City on MySpace



Have a great new week!

2 comments:

Jenessa said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. :-)

Aimee said...

We had SUCH a fun time Friday night!! Thanks again! We need to hang out again ... but on a Sat, so we aren't all so tired! lol.

OMG OMG OMG I LOVE OWL CITY!!!! Hello Seattle is my favorite by them (hello we wanna live there! lol) But I think I love the remix of it even more. I need to listen to Postal Service more now ... I can only think of one song by them.