Saturday, November 14, 2009

35 Odd Things

Hi Friends! I haven't forgotten about this blog... I've just been feeling kind of out of touch with life ever since I got back from Manila. I am feeling good today, for my first whole day off. I'm still in my pajamas and it's almost 4:30 PM. Awesome.

I owe my friend Jordan a blog post about my favorite blogs... and I plan to do that one tomorrow. I wanted to do this post because on a whim it made me want to post again. I obviously will not qualify for a successful NaBloMoPo... but I did say I gave it my old College Try... and if you know me, that's about all it turned out to be.

Here's my 35 Odd Things post. I hope you learn something new! :)

1. Do you like blue cheese?
Nah, it tastes funny.

2. Have you ever smoked?
No... I don't really like the smell of it.

3. Do you own a gun?
Nope. But my father-in-law does!

4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite when you were a kid?
I didn't get Kool-Aid as a kid. I get it as an adult, though! I love the Tropical Punch flavor! I usually use two packets. Extra flavor!

5. Do you ever wish you could click undo in your life like on a CPU?
Yes, and I will often say the phrase "Control Z!" when I realize I've done something stupid.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I think they are delicious. My husband hates them. When we first met, I told him I didn't like pork of any kind. I kept it up for about 3 years. Then I broke down and had to eat one. He won't kiss me if I've eaten a hot dog until a few hours have passed and I've brushed my teeth.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
I liked Prancer... but my favorite one of all time is Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Every time I hear Jimmy Stewart say "Won't you come in for some Chocolate?!" it makes me cry a little.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Orange juice or Diet Coke.

9. Can you do push ups?
I don't think so. I hated that stupid army video we had to follow in Junior High... aerobics day. Ugh.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
My wedding ring.

11. Favorite hobby?
I used to love making and posting YouTube movies, but I don't do that much anymore. Too much pressure to make good stuff without using copyright songs. Ugh. My hobby now is probably working and spending time with my husband.

12. Do you have A. D. D.?
Yes, because when... wanna go get some ice cream?

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
I have glasses now that I wear when I get tired of squinting. I don't wear them all of the time. I don't like contacts because it feels like I'm having a Tupperware party on my eyes.

14. Middle name?
Your mom

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
- I need to go clean my office
- My Brown Christmas tree is amazing
- I am hungry.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
- Water by way of ice
- Diet Coke
- Sprite

17. Current worry?
Having to go back to work on Monday. I love it, but it takes a lot out of me.

18. Current hate right now?
How the agents at my job don't understand our outsourcing partners.

19. How did you bring in the new year?
Last year? We had a party at my house, and my parents came. It was so funny. This year, probably the same... but maybe I won't have to work on New Years day. I had to work all three holidays last year. Fail.

21. Name three people who will complete this?
- Jordan
- Aimee
- Derek

22. Do you own slippers?
Not ACTUAL slippers, but I wear a lot of really warm thick socks. Happy feet!

23. What color shirt are you wearing?
My favorite tee-shirt, the gray Broken Yolk Cafe shirt from San Diego. :)

24. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Nah, they are too hot.

25. Can you whistle?
Only when I suck in. Stupid. My husband, however, is a Wizard at whistling. He can even do a trill. Whenever we play Puzzle Quest, he whistles the song playing, and usually I'm losing. It drives me crazy mad.

26. Where are you now?
At home, waiting for Arthur to get back with Christmas tree hooks, some more Target ornaments, and some delicious dinner.

27. Would you be a pirate?
It depends if your mom is on the ship.

28. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't usually listen to songs with lyrics in the shower. Usually techno so I go faster.

29. Favorite Girl's Name?
Jewel

30. Favorite boy's name?
Phineas... but I might call him Fin for short.

31. What is in your pocket right now?
No pockets in this crushed velor pair of pants!

32. Something that really made you laugh?
Arthur is always making me laugh - but it would have to be the text conversation between my little brother Mike and me.
Me: Mike! What is the story behind this donut on the counter?
Mike: It is for eatings.
Me: Why must it sit here and taunt me?
Mike: You may eat it.
Me: It has a blemish.
Mike: Lo siento.
Me: Is that Spanish for "eat around it"?
Mike: Close. "I'm sorry."
Me: Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike carry me to wooooooooooooork. (After I'd eaten the donut, I was about ready to die.)

33. Worst injury you've ever had?
Broken bones usually hurt pretty bad. Broken toe, probably.

34. Do you love where you live?
Yes!

35. How many TVs do you have in your house?
2. One in the bedroom and one downstairs.

0 comments: