Monday, November 2, 2009

New to NaBloPoMo

One of the main reasons I started blogging here was due to the fact that I read a few NaBloPoMo posts by my friend Aimee. NaBloPoMo is a shortened version of the actual phrase, which means National Blog Posting Month. During the month of November, bloggers everywhere try hard to blog every day of the month. For my first NaBloPoMo post, I will step away from my current trend of Manila and blog about my friends Tyson and Aimee.

I met Tyson in October of 2008. He was in the very last Top Buyer New Hire class that ever existed at eBay. I was the trainer for his class, and I first met him on the day he first came into Department Specific Training. He introduced himself and I was pretty intimidated by his phrase "I like to be a knowledgebase". I knew people like this usually were incredibly smart and I was worried he might not like the way eBay was always changing. I figured I would get to know him before I let this one phrase determine how I would see him. He definitely was very good at retaining information, but he also could quickly replace old information with new and recall it. I was impressed! Most new hires have a real problem with doing this.

He mentioned that he loved to laugh loudly. His laugh got that whole class through the 4 weeks of hell that is Top Buyer Training. I believe the entire class really appreciated his perspective and helped them trudge through to the finish line known as "Production".

Tyson mentioned his wife's blog to me one day in class after I had added him and a few others from class to Facebook. I went home and read over Aimee's blog. It was the first few days of NaBloPoMo... and I was intrigued that someone had the ability to stick with blogging for a whole month. I read it every day, and really enjoyed it.

Aimee is very creative and fun. Her writing style is very much like someone would talk to you. I read over most of her posts and really enjoyed every one. I thought she called out some of the funny quirks about life that most people miss. I enjoyed reading about her beautiful cat Chloe the most.

I got to meet Aimee when they both came over to our house for a dinner party. We ate seafood and played games. I wrote about that in a previous post. I had so much fun with them, and I believe we are planning on going on a double date with me and my husband when I get back from the Philippines.

I don't really have many outside-of-family friends, but I believe this couple is way fun and interesting, and I can't wait to spend more time with them!

Here is a picture that I think captures both of their personalities very well:

So begins my entry into NaBloPoMo! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

AWWW!!!!! Thanks for writing a post about us! That was such a nice surprise! I'm sitting here on my lunch break, scrippy-scrollin' through my Google Reader and I came to your post. I sooo LOL'ed!! haha

Thanks again, girlie!! We miss here here in the US!

Ara said...

They sound like a super fun couple. I'm intrigued by this Nablopomo. I might have to take it up on my blog. :)

Sheriff said...

I find it interesting someone has come up with a NaNoWriMo for blogs. NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month, which also happens in November. The goal is to write 50,000 words of a novel during the month. That's roughly 120-130 pages. I kind of like the idea of blogging every day better, simply because there's less work involved ;)