Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blog-mazing

Hello friends (all 4 of you!) I didn't blog yesterday. That is ok. Remember, blogs that force their readers to endure "just beacuse I have to post everyday" entries usually suck. You're welcome.

Let's see... I haven't posted anything lately about what's been going on in my land. Ever since that job interview, my life has changed quite a bit. I was told last Friday that I didn't get the job and in that same conversation with my Manager I was told that they are moving me to another department. I now work for a different Manager in a different building doing basically the same job. I just have a better desk.

I'm pretty excited for next Monday beacuse my little brother will be starting at eBay as an agent doing what I train. So I may get a chance to train him, which is totally awkward and totally cool. I'm excited to be able to spend more time with him since he's been living out of state for so long. Hurray!

Speaking of brothers, my big brother's birthday is today! Happy Birthday, Lil Leenard! Our family is getting together tomorrow to go to dinner and have a birthday party. We usually take some pretty funny pictures at these parties, so I'll be sure to post them. :)

So, I do have a video I would like to share with you today. Before I post it, I would like to call out that YouTube has made some interesting changes since I last posted a video. I used to be a pretty avid YouTuber with almost 1,000 subscribers. That may not seem like a lot, but it was to me. :) I tried posting a video once a week when I could and I was pretty used to how YouTube worked. The new upload feature allows you to upload larger sizes of movies, which is cool. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to make sure it is uploaded in widescreen. I will have to mess around with the features in my video editing program to see what I'm doing wrong.

In the meantime, here is the video I made of one of my favorite parts of one of my favorite cities in the world. Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. This was taken when Arthur came to visit me while I was up there for work. This Aquabus is used kind of like a small ferry or water taxi. I'm not sure many Canadians actually rely on it to get around, but it is still a cool feature of this beautiful city. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Sheriff said...

Enya? Seriously? Not that I have anything against Enya, I actually like them quite a bit, but this video is more deserving of . . . something like "Such Great Heights" from The Postal Service

Whit said...

Genevieve! I'm excited for you guys to come over tomorrow, plus it's always good to have visitors cause then I have to clean my house, which I should do regularly anyway but sometimes, other things sound more fun. So yeah. I always like your videos, you're such a lil traveler. Poor Leo is sick, I'm trying to make him sleep and eat soup, but he tends to resist these nurturing ways. Well, see y'all tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Was that Science Land or Epcot?