Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Moose

I love animals, especially cats. I have had a number of cats in my lifetime, and currently have 3. Moose is the middle child. He is a tabby-lilac point siamese mix with big blue eyes. I got Moose just over a year and a half ago when my other cat passed away. We needed another cat to keep my female cat Cocoa company. We got him from a woman who was selling kittens off of KSL. She told us he was very loving, because he was born on Valentine's Day. We had no idea he would really be the sweetest cat ever.

I am notorious for naming my cats after food items. I have had Krispy (like the donut), Cookie and Cocoa. Moose was my first boy, and I wasn't sure what to name him. I was torn between a food name and a name that reminded me of my favorite country - Canada. I ended up choosing Mousse, like the dessert. I didn't really like the way it was spelled, so I ended up just settling on Moose. His nicknames include Goose, Moose Munch and MooseGoose.

He does not know how to bite or scratch us, and all he ever wants is to be petted.
After having 2 litters of kittens in our new basement with Cocoa, we determined that we needed to let him live outside. He loved it out there. The second we put him outside, he tore up the mountain and he didn't come back for about a week. I was sure he had been eaten by a coyote. He did come back, though - and he was just fine.

He loves to lie in the grass and roll around meowing for pets. I took some pictures of him, and would love to share them with you. The best thing about Moose is his big blue eyes. I hope you like these! You can click on each one to make it bigger.

2 comments:

Sheriff said...

You's a good photographer

Whit said...

Aw Moose- my favorite are the ones where it looks like he's sleeping.