Sunday, September 27, 2009

A New Week Is Coming...

So it's the last few hours of Sunday night. It's been a pretty good weekend. I had an enjoyable two days off. I usually check my work email multiple times during the weekend, but this time I didn't. I just checked it a few minutes ago, and as expected - I've got a lot to do tomorrow morning. I really enjoyed not worrying about work all weekend. It was very nice.

Friday night we went out with my side of the family with my parents and siblings to dinner for my brother's birthday. We went to this place in Provo called Burger Surpreme. I kept calling it Burger Extreme. The food was pretty good, but I was way tired because it was the end of a long week. It was fun to see my siblings.

The crazy thing about our family is whenever we get together for birthdays we usually take really funny pictures of each other. To keep the tradition going, I took my camera and got some pretty funny shots. Here they are!

Birthday Boy and his beautiful blonde mullet

Birthday Boy and his beautiful wife


Mom and her 3 (count them) pairs of glasses

My beautiful sister

My beautiful cousin and sister-in-law

My handsome lil brudder

Your beautiful blogger

Dashing Dad

After the party we went back to Leo and Whitney's for cake and ice cream. We had a fun party with dominoes. They just bought a new condo and it is so fantastic. Whitney has done such a great job decorating. My brother had some great paintings that he had done on the wall. I am impressed with how well they decorated their new home. Arthur and I want to go visit them soon and put up a new light that we got Whitney for her birthday.

On Saturday, we spent some time relaxing and Arthur tiled the basement. He is a member of a fish club that has a "Reef Tour" once a year. It's kind of like Parade of Homes, except for all of the club members drive around Utah seeing all of the different fish tanks of the members. Arthur has been working on his fish fort and his tank since we moved in, so he is excited to show off our new basement. He is working to get the tile done before the Reef Tour. He's gotten a lot done on the basement in a short amount of time. The tile he picked is really cool. It's stone with cool fossils of shells and stuff in it. Here are some pictures of his "fish fort" and the tile job so far.

Here is his fishfort. He did the stonework himself. (Click picture to enlarge)
Here is the tile. All of the framing, drywall, fireplace, painting, electric and gas by himself. He is pretty amazing at diy! (Click picture to enlarge)

Sunday we spent the day getting ready for our dinner party. Arthur's family came over for turkey dinner. It was delicious. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and Marie Calendar's pie. Delish!

I'm pretty excited for a new week. It's going to be a crazy week at work for sure. Mike starts his new job as an Agent tomorrow too, which is going to be cool. He gets to be trained to work in my department. He has to start at 6:00 AM, which totally sucks. I'm going to try to get up early and be there with him. I want to make sure he is settled in his new class. I also have to make sure the trainer who is teaching another class is ready to go. :) Another week begins...

1 comments:

Sheriff said...

I'd like the most extreme burger you have please . . .

Also, I like the stonework in your basement. I'm assuming that you own your home? I wish I owned a home . . .