Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Broken Yolk Cafe

One of my most favorite restaurants in the world is the Broken Yolk Cafe, located in Pacific Beach (San Diego) California. I first heard about it when I worked in La Jolla over the summer of 2006. I was an Evening Program Director for Camp La Jolla. My roommate Barb told me about it and said I should visit.


I went there and ordered the California Breakfast Burrito. This burrito is amazing because it has all of my favorite things in it. Hash browns, eggs, avocado, bacon and cheese. The burrito is huge. It is about the length of my forearm. I gnawed on it for about 3 hours after we left (the burrito, not my forearm.)

The drinks there are also gigantic. They don't have to refill your glass once. That is the best part, because then the wait staff doesn't keep bugging you. If you need a refill, they are right there.

I enjoy the layout of the restaurant because of the outside dining area on top. On sunny days you can see all over Pacific beach and into La Jolla/San Diego. I love sitting up there because of the views.
One of my favorite teeshirts is my gray Broken Yolk shirt, and I got it the last time we were in California. If you're ever there, you should totally visit!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute name, great idea for a resturaunt, makes you want to open one here.